Upcoming changes by the Securities Commission of the Bahamas (SCB) to CFD Trading rules
Please be aware that if you are a retail client of FxPro Global Markets Limited, regulated by the SCB, you will be affected by new rules that will be implemented on Monday 22nd February, which will impact your Stop Out levels for all accounts, as well margin requirements for positions opened from that date onwards. For positions opened prior to the 22/02/2021 used margins remain unaffected. The change will take place at 00:00 server time (GMT+2 ).
The changes include a universal stop out level of 50% and a reduction in the maximum leverage. Please see below examples to help understand the potential impacts on your trading:
Account Balance 500 USD
Account Leverage 1:500
Trading 1 lot EURUSD long at price 1.17000 with Margin 200 EUR = 234 USD
- Balance 500.00
- EUR Margin 200.00
- USD Margin 234.00
- EURUSD price is at 1.16600
- Margin Level at 42.74%
- with a Stop-out Level at 20% the position remains open
- Pris åpen 1.17
- Pris lukket 1.166
- Floating Profit -400
- Equity 100
- Margin Level 42.74%
- New account Leverage at 1:200
- Margin remains unchanged at 234 USD because the position was opened prior to the changes
- New Stop-out Level at 50%
- Assume that the EURUSD price did not change.
- The account Margin Level is below 50%, thus a stop-out will be triggered.
More details regarding the maximum leverage and margin requirement examples can be found on our Leverage Information Page.
Note: The leverage rules above will not affect any clients categorised as professionals.
Still have questions about the new SCB measures?